Everyone loves their laptop and really wants to take great care of it. You are reading this article; this means that you are so much concerned about your laptop.
How to Remove Laptop Stickers Without Damaging Them?
Do you want to remove all the stickers from your laptop carefully, without any harm to it then continue reading this guide. This is a very easy and quick task. But you need to take some care off course because some people damage it too.
Many times, the stickers are stubborn and they leave their mark on a laptop. Sometimes their glue residues remain stick on the laptop and it doesn’t look so cool. Many people use a sharp knife to remove them. They end up messing like scratches on the laptop or damage it. So, read this detailed guide to carefully get this all done.
Tools required for removing stickers
Definitely, you will require some of the tools to do all this stuff gets done properly. These tools are;
- Hairdryer or heat gun
- Credit card or ATM card
- Microfiber cloth
- Diluted vinegar
- Victorinox multi-tool
So, before removing all of them, take all these tools with you.
Steps to remove Laptop stickers
Nobody likes serial number or logo adhesive labels on laptops and want to remove them definitely. Sometimes we decorate our laptop with different stickers and we get bored after a long time. So the method of proper sticker removal is going to be told here in simple steps.
Slight peeling off
First of all, slightly peel off the sticker at its corners. Use a credit or ATM card for this. Make sure that the sides of the card are smooth otherwise you will leave scratches on the laptop. You can also use a butter knife for this. Don’t use the other sharp knives. If these things are not available to you then use your fingernails.
If you are using Windows laptops than definitely, you would be familiar with mini stickers with logo or processor name on it. Let me tell you about them besides the decorated stickers on laptop cover or skin. Do the same slight peeling to remove them. These ones are mini and thick, you can use Victornix multi-tool to peel off their corners. You can also use a ruler for this.
Use a hair dryer or heating gun
Use hairdryer for a few minutes. Blow the hot air over the sticker. After some time it will be in a condition to get removed. After that again use the tool or card and remove those mini stickers.
These kinds of adhesive labels are on the palm rest of the laptop. So if you have a metal palm rest, then be careful. As a metal laptop is prone to get unusual scratchy marks more.
Diluted vinegar/dish soap/ cleaner
Use any of the cleaner available to you at the place where that adhesive label has to be removed. You can use vinegar if the residue or sticky material is more. As it depends that you have a new laptop, or the stickers are being stuck for so many years. If residues are more, leave vinegar or little amount of dish soap on that surface for a few minutes. Where there is still a need, you can use the tools (tweezers, credit card, butter knife etc) here too.
Use Microfiber cloth
After that, clean all the area using the microfiber cloth or other soft towel cloth. This is the end step. Now you are done. There is no need to do anything further. You are all done.
Tips by Whylaptops.com
This is an easy task but some people find it very difficult. As they do some of the mistakes that damage their laptop. That’s why they are scared of doing such little things for a laptop even. Yes, there is a chance that you can harm it, but these tips will save your laptop from all kinds of bad stuff. So, here they are;
- While doing all this, removing the stickers and cleaning that area, just keep your laptop shut down.
- When using tools like a butter knife and some others, try to protect the touch screen of the laptop from them.
- Don’t use pure alcohol or vinegar, this will fade that area. Always use the diluted one.
- Never ever pour the dish soap pour the vinegar, apply them with a cloth. You can use your hands and any brush for this.
- Never do the aerosol spray on the laptop.
- Don’t leave rubbing alcohol or dil. vinegar even, for a long time. This can cause discoloration. So keep checking after a few minutes.
- Unplug your laptop from every cable, devices and port connections while doing all this.
- Applying mineral oil and tea tree oil can also help in the removal of gum residues.
- Use a heat gun or hair dryer on a sticker for about 30-45 seconds.
Follow all the details steps and all the tips for the achievements of the required results. Using these methods you can remove laptop stickers easily.
I have explained all the details here. I hope this guide is complete enough to clear all the queries from your mind. Read this carefully and apply it to your laptop.
When I bought my new laptop, it was having four or five stickers on the palm rest area. The laptop was just excellent. But the stickers were placed very irregularly and it was decreasing the glamour of my laptop. So, I also searched this all on the internet and firstly I did this on my old laptop. When I was confident then I applied all these methods on my new laptop.
I successfully removed the entire sticker and their residues properly. I also placed one of them back on to the proper area. Now, my laptop looks super fine. I just love my fine work now. You also apply these methods. Be confident while doing all this but care is a must.
Finally, I would like to say that if still there is any confusion in your mind, then ask me freely. I will guide you by posting a full article here. If you have some other different methods, that you want to share, then write in the comment section below. Good luck.
Team – Why Laptops
- Can You Take Laptops on Planes
- Why Laptops Become Slow
- How to Make My Laptop Faster For Free
- Improve Internet Connection for Online Gaming
- Why Laptops Get Hot
- Why laptops should be allowed in classrooms
- Why laptops are Better than Desktops
- How to Clean Laptop Touch Screen
- Why Laptops are Important?
- Laptop Won’t Turn On
- How to Fix a Broken Key On Your Laptop?
- What is The Best Operating System For a Laptop?
- Laptop Screen Size Comparison Chart